A range of new creative scholarships have been made available for outstanding and/or disadvantaged students at the VCA & MCM thanks to support from the State Government through Creative Victoria. These scholarships are part of a commitment to ensure the VCA and MCM maintain and strengthen their position as leading arts training institutions.
Between 2012 and 2015 ‘Creative Scholar’ opportunities will be made to both VCA & MCM students, including:
- Undergraduate scholarships for outstanding students in 2012 and 2013, valued at $8,000 per annum, provided for up to three years;
- Undergraduate scholarships for disadvantaged students in 2012 and 2013, valued at $9,500 per annum, provided for up to three years;
- Graduate scholarships for outstanding students in 2013 and 2014, valued at $12,000 per annum, provided for up to two years;
- Graduate scholarships for disadvantaged students, valued at $14,500 per annum, provided for up to two years;
- The Global Atelier Program (valued at $360,000) comprising undergraduate traveling studios and graduate research scholarships, offered to students and graduates in 2014 to support international experience, travel and work;
- Professional Pathway one-year scholarships, to facilitate a joint collaboration between a not-for-profit arts organisation and graduating student to provide professional experience in their artistic sector;
- Mentoring scholarships to provide for graduates and their mentors to undertake a collaborative project.
The aim of these creative scholarships is to help a new generation of talented students to achieve their full potential by studying at the VCA and MCM.