Want a physical copy of the Semester 1 Event Calendar?
Songs performed by Music Theatre students and graduates of the Victorian College of the Arts.
• Professor Peter Fitzpatrick - Librettist, lyricist author; The Two Frank Thrings, Monash University
• Peter Pinne - Composer and lyricist, All Saints Day and A Bunch of Ratbags; author
• Frank Van Straten OAM - Author, Tivoli, Huge Deal and National Treasure
• Ian Nisbet, Musical director, author, commentator and Music Theatre PhD
• Matthew Lockett, Director, author and Music Theatre PhD
• Mr Ted Chapin (Global President, Rodgers and Hammerstein, New York)
• Dr Peter Wyllie Johnston - Assoc. Prof and Principal Fellow (Hon), University of Melbourne
The inaugural conference of the new Australian Centre for Music Theatre Research and Development will be held at the Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne on Monday 13 August, 9am - 4.30pm.
This conference explores the phenomenon of Rodgers and Hammerstein, their unique creative approach and assessments of their impact on the musical, in which they have:
Papers delivered at the Conference will be published as a book entitled Australasian Music Theatre: Volume 1, to be published early in 2013.
Dr Peter Wyllie Johnston, Associate Professor & Principal Fellow (Hon),
Australian Centre for Music Theatre Research and Development
T: +61 3 9035 9952 / E: email@example.com
Federation Hall, Grant St, Victorian College of the Arts, Southbank.
Registration commences at 9.00 am
Conference concludes at 4.30 pm
Gala Dinner venue:
Salon, Melbourne Recital Centre, Southbank Blvd, Southbank.
Drinks at 7.00 pm; Dinner at 7.30 pm
Full details of the Conference Program, the Forum and the Gala Dinner, including VIP guests and will be announced shortly.
Don't miss the Lincoln Center Theatre’s stunning production of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s SOUTH PACIFIC when it comes to Sydney and Melbourne.